Aerospace Structural Design Engineer – A320 family of aircraft – (move to Hamilton, Ont. required)
This exciting, permanent, full-time career opportunity is based in Hamilton, Ontario and therefore requires relocation to the area.
Reporting to the Repair Engineering Manager, based in British Columbia, the Engineer – Structures Repair position is responsible for being the primary focal point for production (maintenance) operation for engineering related issues, in the Hamilton facility. Experience with the structural design and primary and secondary structure repair methodology for Boeing and/or Airbus A320 family of aircrafts, is required.
How can you stand out? Well, if You….
- Have at least 4 years of recent, hands-on engineering structural design experience, specifically related to the Airbus A320 family of aircrafts. Boeing experience is also being considered.
- Have a background with an MRO or Airline where you respond to requests from maintenance, when engineering technical assistance is required, to support projects or resolve problems
- Are experienced in researching, and developing repair proposals for structural defects, corrosion, or service damage and liaising with the aircraft manufacturer during the submission and review for concurrence, as required…This role might be for you!
As the ideal candidate, you are a qualified Aerospace Structures Engineer, preferably with Liaison Engineering experience, who has provided engineering support for disposition of discrepant conditions affecting aircraft or components in order to restore serviceable status, including assisting with interpretation of the aircraft manufacturer’s repair manuals, drawings and other repair instructions. You take pride in maintaining knowledge of current and pending regulations, which affect areas of responsibility and ensures that all Engineering actions maintain compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Are legally authorized to work in Canada
- Have an Aerospace Engineer, Mechanical Engineer or Manufacturing Engineer Degree Plus a minimum of 4 years of recent, hands-on structural design experience as an Aerospace Engineer (Boeing and/or Airbus A320 family of aircrafts, is required)
- Possess a thorough understanding of maintenance requirements, processes and procedures, as well as thorough knowledge of aircraft materials and hardware and aeronautical Engineering standards and specifications
- Are proficient in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
- Must be self-motivated, disciplined in your work ethic and able to accept responsibilities, while acting independently in a high pressure, team environment
If you are interested in working for a well-established, aviation services industry leader and being part of a team where employees enjoy a rewarding and friendly work environment make sure to contact us today!