Aircraft Interior Technician Trainee
Are you mechanically inclined and someone who enjoys fixing things like cars, bikes or working on home renovations? Would you love to find a steady job that you can turn into a career, but your lack of formal education is holding you back? If so, this on-the-job-training Aircraft Interior Technician Trainee position might just be the opportunity you have been looking for! It is based in Kelowna, B.C. guarantees 80 hours per two weeks and offers great benefits?
How can you stand out? Well, If You…
- Have the right attitude and commitment to turn just a job into a career where a 4-year on-the-job training program allows you to work towards becoming a Certified Aircraft Interior Technician, recognized by the Canadian Council of Aviation and Aerospace (CCAA)
- Enjoy a hands-on role where you are responsible for the removal, inspection and repair of aircraft interior components including seats, trims, carpet, sound proofing, lighting, cabinetry, galleys and bins
- Have completed high school
- Have a valid driver’s licence
- Are capable of climbing ladders and stairs and working in small spaces and lifting parts up to 50 lbs…This role might be for you!
As the ideal candidate, you enjoy working within a team environment and you are committed to the 48 month, on the job training program, with a starting wage of $16.60/hour (employees can increase their wage by roughly 10% each year over a 4.5-year period). Once certification is achieved (company will pay all fees associated with obtaining certification) you will be eligible for a promotion, which expands your job responsibilities and moves you into a higher wage bracket where the pay scale ranges from $21.84 (75%) – $29.12 (100%) and is subject to annual performance and wage reviews.
- Are authorized to work in Canada (e.g. Canadian citizenship, permanent residency status)
- Live in Kelowna, B.C. or surrounding areas (or are planning on moving to the area, in the near future. Note: relocation assistance is not offered)
- Are willing to work a very flexible schedule, including days, afternoons, weekends and occasional graveyards
- Able to work with chemicals, paint, degreasers, respirators and latex gloves (protective equipment provided by the company)
- Must be physically fit and able to work from heights and able to lift parts up to 50 lbs
If you are interested in working for a well-established, aviation services industry leader and being part of a team where employees enjoy a rewarding and friendly work environment make sure to contact us today!