Automation and Controls Technician (Fort St. James, B.C.)
This is an exciting full-time, permanent career opportunity for an experienced Automation and Controls Technician with a minimum of 5 years automation and PLC programming experience. The position is based in Fort St. James, B.C., relocation is required and some assistance is being offered.
How can you stand out? Well, if You…
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience identifying opportunities for automation and optimization of operational process control systems
- Have experience in the implementation and maintenance of upgrade projects
- Are familiar in design and programming e.g. Rockwell Automation, Allen Bradley PLC, Comact PLC, Porter Optimization, Delta RMC, Controllogix
- Are a team player with a knack for finding solutions to complex problems….This role might be for you!
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Automation and Controls Technician plays a key role in delivering a broad range of services. As a Leader you are an effective communicator with experience training and coaching co-workers in automation, process controls and optimization and you have been involved in projects targeting operational effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Are legally authorized to work in Canada (Canadian citizenship or permanent residency status)
- Degree or diploma in a technical/engineering discipline is considered an asset
- Are flexible in the shift schedule, as required
- Possess the leadership and communication skills to back-up the Process Controls Superintendent, when needed
Our client is well-established, within the forestry industry, with operations in British Columbia. Their focus is both on the success of their people and meeting customer’s needs.