Electrical Supervisor – manufacturing exp. (move to northern AB required)
Our client is seeking an Electrical Supervisor (Electrical Red Seal required) with exceptional communication and leadership skills and a background in a manufacturing or forestry environment (preferably a 24×7 operation). If you are someone who takes pride in using your problem-solving skills and knowledge of root cause analysis, to support your team in finding solutions and efficiencies in maintenance and production matters, this opportunity might just be for you!
This permanent, full-time career opportunity is based in a small community in northern Alberta and therefore, requires relocation to the area. Relocation assistance is offered.
How can you stand out? Well, if You….
- Are an experienced Electrical Supervisor (Red Seal), with outstanding leadership skills, who is able to effectively coach and mentor your employees, in order to get the work done versus having to step in to do it yourself
- Have an industrial background in either manufacturing or forestry and a proven track record, leading teams of 5 or more employees, including apprentices to effectively and safely maintain industrial machinery
- Are experienced in working with low/medium voltage systems, a continuous press, VFDs and automation
- Are naturally curious, an effective communicator, highly organized and determined to ensure success for the entire team…This role might be for you!
As the ideal Electrical Supervisor, you are a leader at heart and someone who inspires and engages your team and who recognizes each individual’s strengths, ensuring efficient work execution. You lead by example and provide feedback and support to ensure your team completes proper documentation for work performed and adheres to work rules, policies, and safety procedures.
- Are legally authorized to work in Canada
- Are a Red Seal Electrician (copy to be provided) with a minimum of 5 years supervisory experience, in a 24×7 continuous production industrial operation
- Possess organization and planning skills and have a successful track record of scheduling, coordinating, and directing electrical resources, including the coordination of people, parts, materials, special tools, and equipment.
- Have excellent communication skills and a strong command of the English language (both oral and written)
- Are computer literate and experienced with CMMS
Our client is a well-respected employer and leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products throughout their operations across Western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States. As an industry leader, in world markets, they provide a dynamic environment and consider the success of their people the most valuable resource.