Information Security Analyst – Hybrid work schedule
Our aerospace client is seeking a Security Analyst, with leadership traits, and a minimum of 4 years of experience in risk, compliance and information security policy development and an ability to work independently on systems and services.
Offering good work/life balance, this full-time, permanent position can be done 60% from a home office and 40% onsite and the successful candidate can be based either in Hamilton, Ontario, Kelowna, B.C. or the Winnipeg/Portage La Prairie, MB area.
How can you stand out? Well, If You…
- Have a broad range of experience where you have worked independently and been responsible for security IT Infrastructure; prevention of Cybersecurity incidents by real-time monitoring, detection, and analysis of potential intrusions; leading the design, implementation and on-going maintenance of security solutions, policies, and processes
- Have been responsible for safeguarding information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security problems
- Have protected systems by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources
- Have investigated security breaches, ensuring incident management processes are documented and followed while also making recommendations to IT management for security improvements…This role might be for you!
As the Info Sec Analyst, you are used to working independently and wearing many hats and not only focusing on one thing like applications or monitoring. You will work with the Network Team and Help Desk team, but ultimately, you thrive in a one person operation where you are responsible for performing regular vulnerabilities scans, penetration tests, and regular security tasks such as users, accounts, and logs reviews, amongst other responsibilities.
- Are authorized to work in Canada (must be eligible to obtain secret – level II security clearance which requires Canadian citizenship or permanent residency status)
- Have a min. 4 years of experience in risk, compliance and information security policy development
- Have a min. of 4 years performing vulnerabilities scans, penetration tests and security incident management
- Have a BA or BS degree or diploma in Information Security, Cyber Security, Computer Science, or related field.
- Already possesses or are working towards a professional information security certification
- Solid knowledge of network security and protocols, firewalls, routers, and switches and various information security frameworks
- Are available on-call after hours and on weekends for security related incidents
- Available to travel, within Canada, 2-3 times per year (depends on which location you are based out of)
If you are interested in working for a well-established, aviation services industry leader and being part of a team where employees enjoy a rewarding and friendly work environment make sure to contact us today!