Liaison Engineer – Aviation Structures – (move to Hamilton, Ont. required)
This exciting, permanent, full-time career opportunity is based in Hamilton, Ontario and therefore requires relocation to the area.
Reporting to the Repair Engineering Manager, based in British Columbia, the Liaison Engineer – Structures Repair position is responsible for being the primary focal point for production (maintenance) operation for engineering related issues, in the Hamilton facility. Familiarity with the structural design philosophy and primary and secondary structure repair methodology for Boeing and/or Airbus commercial aircraft, is required.
How can you stand out? Well, if You….
- Have a minimum of 4 years working experience as an Aerospace Engineer with a Boeing and/or Airbus Structures Repair background PLUS an Aerospace Engineer, Mechanical Engineer or Manufacturing Engineer Degree
- Are experienced in responding to requests from maintenance, when technical assistance is required, to support projects or resolve problems
- Are experienced in researching, and developing repair proposals for structural defects, corrosion, or service damage and liaising with the aircraft manufacturer during the submission and review for concurrence, as required…This role might be for you!
As the ideal candidate, you are a qualified Aerospace Structures Engineer, preferably with Liaison Engineering experience, who has provided engineering support for disposition of discrepant conditions affecting aircraft or components in order to restore serviceable status, including assisting with interpretation of the aircraft manufacturer’s repair manuals, drawings and other repair instructions. You take pride in maintaining knowledge of current and pending regulations, which affect areas of responsibility and ensures that all Engineering actions maintain compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Have your Canadian citizenship or permanent residency status
- Have an Aerospace Engineer, Mechanical Engineer or Manufacturing Engineer Degree Plus a minimum of 4 years of work experience as an Aerospace Engineer – Structures (Boeing and/or Airbus is required)
- Possess a thorough understanding of maintenance requirements, processes and procedures, as well as thorough knowledge of aircraft materials and hardware and aeronautical Engineering standards and specifications
- Are proficient in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
- Must be self-motivated, disciplined in your work ethic and able to accept responsibilities, while acting independently in a high pressure, team environment
If you are interested in working for a well-established, aviation services industry leader and being part of a team where employees enjoy a rewarding and friendly work environment make sure to contact us today!