Maintenance Supervisor – Industrial Manufacturing experience
This exciting full-time, permanent career opportunity, based in Fort St. James, B.C. is for an experienced Maintenance Supervisor (with Red Seal Millwright certification). As the ideal candidate, with substantial maintenance experience in an industrial maintenance environment, you are someone who brings out the best in people and who has a keen appetite for career development and for personal growth and achievement.
The position is based in Fort St. James, B.C. and requires relocation to the area. Some relocation assistance is offered.
How can you stand out? Well, if You…
- Have been responsible for the safe and efficient planning, organizing and operation of all aspects of the maintenance department
- Have a proven track record working closely with the operations team to ensure a collaborative, safe, quality, efficient production and preventative maintenance environment
- Have experience with budgeting and financial analysis, as it relates to the maintenance of the plant
- Have some flexibility with your schedule, based on operational requirements (Days, Afternoons, Graveyards or Weekends)
- Are a team player who makes ‘safety first’ a top priority….This role might be for you!
As the ideal candidate you are an occupational health and safety champion who possesses a strong combination of technical knowledge and skills, business acumen and leadership. You are someone who easily adapts to changing internal and external business conditions and who demonstrates creative problem solving, improved productivity and positive performance management.
- Are legally authorized to work in Canada (e.g. Canadian citizenship or permanent residency status)
- Are a qualified Journeyman Millwright, with knowledge of other related trades
- Have a strong mechanical aptitude and a minimum of five years experience in reliable maintenance
- Have a relentless commitment to safety as well as the capability to create, articulate and garner broad support for a vision
- Are proficient with Microsoft office and CMMS systems
- Are proficient in the English language (oral and written)
Our client is an integrated wood products manufacturing company with operations throughout north-central British Columbia. Working with integrity is fundamental to their business and while their focus is meeting the needs of their customers, their success is driven by their people.