Mechanical Supervisor – Industrial Manufacturing
This permanent, full-time career opportunity is based in a small community about 4 hours NW of Edmonton, AB and therefore, requires relocation to the area (relocation assistance is offered). Our client is seeking a seasoned Mechanical Team Leader with pneumatic and hydraulic systems experience in a continuous process manufacturing environment. Provincial millwright certification or Red Seal is preferred.
How can you stand out? If You….
- Are seeking an exciting change in your career and are exceptionally strong in both your mechanical knowledge and your ability to lead your mechanical trades team with the objective of maximizing equipment availability, reliability and uptime, at minimum cost
- Are a leader who inspires and engages your team and recognizes each individual’s strengths, ensuring efficient work execution
- Have a proven track record, as an innovative leader, who takes great pride in the scheduling, coordinating and directing of maintenance work orders
- Excel as a ‘boots on the ground’ leader who believes in the value of spending time with your team to maximize plant uptime and production through effective utilization of resources…This role might be for you!
As a critical member of the team, you thoroughly enjoy leading employees and helping them understand their contribution to the success of a manufacturing operation. You are articulate and a strong motivator who effectively coordinates the availability of facilities and equipment, to be worked on, ensuring efficient work execution through the availability of parts, materials, special tools, equipment and personnel.
- Are authorized to work in Canada (Canadian citizenship or permanent residency status)
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience supervising maintenance teams in a 24×7 continuous manufacturing operation
- Are an Alberta Journeyman Millwright or Red Seal (will need to provide copy of certification)
- Are highly effective in motivating your team through the process of change management and continuous improvement methodologies
- Have excellent communication skills and a strong command of the English language (both oral and written)
- Are self-motivated with well-developed organizational, time management and analytical skills
- Are computer literate and experienced with CMMS
Our client is a well-respected employer and leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products throughout their operations across Western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States. As an industry leader, in world markets, they provide a dynamic environment and consider the success of their people the most valuable resource.