Network Administrator – (based in Kelowna, BC or Hamilton, ON)
Our client is seeking a full-time, permanent Network Administrator, with a minimum 5 years experience in a Corporate IT Network Administrator role. The successful candidate will be based in Kelowna, BC and some relocation assistance is being offered. Consideration for a Hamilton, Ontario based candidate may be possible.
How can you stand out? Well, If You…
- Have at least 5 years experience where you have been responsible for maintenance, configuration, optimization, and reliable operations of the Corporate IT Infrastructure
- Have been responsible for perform a wide range of system and network administration duties including installation, configuration, debugging, maintenance, evaluation, testing and deployment of upgrades to the networking infrastructure (Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Wireless Access Points, Voice and VPN Gateways, etc.); Windows virtual servers on VMware cluster, and managing VMware cluster
- Have solid network knowledge: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN’s; experience with installing, configuring, and troubleshooting networking equipment (network switching and routing, firewalls, wireless network, cabling, etc.).
- Have been responsible for collecting and reviewing network utilization data for capacity planning
- Have been responsible for installing security measures and operating software to protect systems and information infrastructure; performing regular security patching and fixing detected vulnerabilities to maintain high-security standards…This role might be for you!
As the ideal candidate you are an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills. You thrive in a fast paced environment; in fact, that is when your analytical, problem solving and organizational skills really shine.
- Are authorized to work in Canada (Canadian citizenship or permanent residency status is required) and able to obtain DND related security clearance (secret level requires 10 year review of history/records)
- Have a university degree or diploma in Computer Science or equivalent field of study; Microsoft and/or CISCO certification is an asset
- Are an expert with Microsoft technologies (Microsoft Server 2012, 2016 and 2019, Active Directory, ADFS, DNS, DHCP, NPS, WSUS, Sharepoint, O365, Exchange Server), including managing Active Directory and O365, installation and configuration of new servers for various purposes (domain, exchange email server, database server, web server, etc.).
- Are able to perform after hours work on an emergency and scheduled basis; participate in on-call rotation
- Are able to travel within Canada, on occasion
If you are interested in working for a well-established, aviation services industry leader and being part of a team where employees enjoy a rewarding and friendly work environment, make sure to contact us today!