Painter – Aerospace Industry
Are you someone who enjoys working with your hands, but doesn’t have any formal education and would love to find a job that you can turn into a career and be guaranteed 80 hours per two weeks plus great benefits? If so, this on-the-job-training Aircraft Painter position, based in Kelowna, B.C. could be your ticket out of dead end jobs!
As an Aircraft Painter, you will be responsible for a range of prep and paint work such as washing, stripping, cleaning, masking, applying Metaflex, and spraying aircraft and aircraft parts. You will use state of the art facilities to complete unique customer design requests and you will work on a variety of projects ranging from minor paint touch-ups to full aircraft paint jobs.
How can you stand out? Well, If You…
- Have the right attitude and commitment to turn just a job into a career where a 3-year on-the-job training program allows you to work towards becoming a Certified Aviation Painter, recognized by the Canadian Council of Aviation and Aerospace (CCAA). The company will pay for any fees directly associated with obtaining the certification
- Have completed high school
- Have a valid driver’s licence
- Are capable of climbing ladders and stairs and working in small spaces…This role might be for you!
As the ideal candidate, you enjoy working with a team of people who are passionate about their craft. You are committed to the 36 month on the job training program with a starting wage of $18.19/hour (with bi-annual wage and performance reviews). Upon completion of certification, you are eligible for a promotion, which expands your job responsibilities and moves you into a higher wage bracket. The Certified Aircraft Painter pay scale ranges from $26.13 – $32.03/hour. After two years in the Certified Painter role there is also the opportunity to work towards becoming a Senior Certified Painter, with increased earning potential and the recognition as a leader, within the department.
- Are authorized to work in Canada (e.g. Canadian citizenship, permanent residency status)
- Live in Kelowna, B.C. or surrounding areas (or are planning on moving to the area, in the near future. Note: relocation assistance is not offered)
- Are willing to work a very flexible schedule, including days, afternoons, weekends and occasional graveyards
- Able to work with chemicals, paint, degreasers, respirators and latex gloves (protective equipment provided by the company)
- Must be physically fit and able to work from heights and able to lift parts up to 50 lbs
If you are interested in working for a well-established, aviation services industry leader and being part of a team where employees enjoy a rewarding and friendly work environment make sure to contact us today!