Project Engineer – manufacturing exp.
Our client is seeking an experienced Project Engineer with a mechanical background in major maintenance and capital projects in manufacturing. As the ideal candidate, you have a passion for driving change and innovation, from start to finish. Relocation assistance is offered, along with a competitive salary and an additional northern living allowance, on top of your base salary, plus competitive benefits and retirement plans.
How can you stand out? Well, If You….
- Have an Engineering degree (mechanical is preferred) and a proven track record leading a team and taking charge of all major maintenance and capital projects, in a manufacturing environment
- Are an effective communicator, able to build relationships and used to being a strategic business partner while planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and closing engineering projects
- Are seeking a work/life balance where you can enjoy a variety of outdoor recreational activities, year-round…This role might be for you!
As the ideal candidate your career success is attributed to many of your well-developed skills, including creativity in solving complex problems and your ability to organize, prioritize, problem solve and adapt, all the while ensuring the safety of your team through the adherence of all safety regulations.
- Are authorized to work in Canada (Canadian citizenship or permanent residency status)
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (mechanical is preferred)
- Have at least 5 years experience, as a Project Engineer, in a manufacturing environment, where you were responsible for leading a team and taking charge of all major maintenance and capital projects (manufacturing and maintenance experience required)
- Are proficient with project management tools
- Have a good command of the English language (written and oral)
- You take pride in continuous learning and development
Our client is a well-respected employer and leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products throughout their operations across Western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States. As an industry leader, in world markets, they provide a dynamic environment and consider the success of their people the most valuable resource.