Senior Cost Accountant (relocation to Princeton, B.C. req’d)
This full-time, permanent career opportunity, in the mining industry, is based in the southern B.C. community of Princeton. Relocation is required and assistance is being offered (this is not a remote position).
How can you stand out? Well, if You…
- Have 5 years cost accounting, reconciliation, control and reporting experience and strong knowledge of IFRS and GAAP
- Have experience preparing for Month End close and planning of monthly cost reports
- Are experienced in delivering budget vs actual costs and reviewing aged accounts receivable and payable balances and bank and general ledger reconciliations
- Have supported the management team with analysis of investment decisions including sustaining and development of capital projects ….This role might be for you!
Reporting to the Controller, as the Senior Cost Accountant you will be responsible for full integral support in ensuring continued compliance with internal and external accounting policies, procedures, and regulations. If this sounds like you, don’t miss out on this position which offers the benefits of a balanced lifestyle in an area with year-round activities.
- Are authorized to work in Canada (Canadian citizenship or permanent residency status)
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field and CPA designation (preferred)
- Have a minimum 5 years cost accounting, reconciliation, control, and reporting experience
- Have experience with Great Plains Accounting and Maximo ERP (considered an asset)
- Have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Have a valid driver’s licence and vehicle (required)
- Must pass pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol testing
Our client is a well-known employer whose operation is a large scale open pit copper mine located in south central British Columbia. The mine has evolved into a mature and highly efficient operation with a long term mine plan and significant opportunity for mine life extension. This position includes a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Relocation is required (some assistance is offered).